my pocketbook craze

Posted Wednesday, November 25, 2009 by catherine
When I was sick, guess what???, I've been hooked into reading Pinoy pocketbooks. I can't really believe myself. The act is just so addicting that I can read three pocketbooks per day. And thanks to Precious Hearts Romances for bringing the recent pocketbooks Ive read to life. They are "My Cheating Heart and Midnight Phantom". The former is to be starred by Jake Cuenca and Christine Reyes while the latter is to be starred by Rafael Rossell and Denise Laurel.

It really is an Oh my Gosh for me. I never thought that those books by Martha Cecilia will be televised... is that the right word? I guess I forgot my distaste for Pinoy Pocketbooks way back in High school. I don't even understand why my former classmates are really giggling when they are reading such books. Maybe it was just my excuse because before, I find it hard to comprehend Filipino texts than the English pocketbooks I'm reading which was so much fun. I thought there is nothing more enjoying than it... But I now stand corrected. We really have to check on stuffs that are Nationalistic and patriotic in terms also and we will be surprised how much our own native land has rise and soared when it comes to writing pocketbooks...Too much of Dan Brown will make us antagonistic and sort of (anti-Christ) which I hate to happen and too much of Sidney Sheldon will make us walking horrors...Though I also commend J.K Rowling and Stephenie Meyer for their unbelievable kills in writing, I also have to raise the banner of the Filipino Writer's Community. Rise and shine guys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment