When All Else Fails

Posted Thursday, January 7, 2010 by catherine

By Catherine Q. Dicen



Heart stated it was time
Mind adverted and said it was hostile
The two quarreled and gave all their best rebuttal
Yet still the core of affection reined





It was a long path that ended in a crossroad.
The others took the one most traveled
I took the one less paved
And so I started to hike the excursion of no certain destination



It was sinister, bleak and dim.
But I draw together all the courage I had
To carry on the march of no turning back
And is where I’ve reached a stop over.



Will I get on or get off?
Confusion covered my whole being
I don’t know the way back,
Neither is the way out.


I ran, with no exact pace
Unsure of the bearing
I’ve bumped here and there
But I still pushed through



I never know if what I felt dripping was sweat of fret.
No! It was blood! I’m bleeding…
Who will help me?
Is somebody behind me following my track?



I tumbled. I tried to stand but all my senses are drained.
The next thing I saw was darkness
Even a single star is out of sight
And then did I start to fear.



Am I now stuck in this bizarre?
But I was surprised that I was not alone.
I’ve got a lot of companion.
It’s “me, my self, and I”.



















0 comments:

Post a Comment