5 Days of Distress

Posted Thursday, March 3, 2011 by catherine
If I am not mistaken, this is already the fifth day of my ever kill-me-I-want-to-die malady. It seems that I am losing my cognitive sense. 
It all happened when I forgot how to turn my phone silent. Geez, even elementary students can do that in a whiplash!
 Another thing, when the tricycle driver gave me the change for my money (the fare from our barrio to the city is P9 and the money I gave him was P20, he gave me P16.) I spent almost a minute looking at the change and mentally counting if it is really sixteen pesos or I am just delusional. There were three 5 peso coins and a 1 peso coin. I really felt stupid looking at the money and cursed myself. Am I already in my senile stage?
There is still one thing; I can hardly hear my voice. How much more when I speak to others? People can’t hear me well! I am starting to feel overwhelmingly discouraged about myself. But I know that this is because of my fever.
I am taking 3 sets of medicine every 4-6 hours (or else my mama will kill me)—Paracetamol (for my fever), Carboscistine (for my firework blast- like cough), Phenylprophanolamine (for my runny nose and colds).
Actually, I feel like I am dying. Because for the last 5 days of my bed-ridden-but-shall-go-to-school-death-may-take-me stage, I am throwing up all I am eating. All I can do to nourish myself is to chug some water down. (Imagine what my poop becomes?) That’s why I am also suffering from diarrhea.
I hate it when I am sick. Though I may say that all is well since they’re treating me like a baby, I still hate it when I can’t even manage to raise my arms. It’s so hard! So spare me from my mood swings. I am just out of sorts this times.

0 comments:

Post a Comment