Almost Lover

Posted Tuesday, February 8, 2011 by catherine
by :A fine Frenzy


Your fingertips across my skin 
The palm tress swinging in the wind--images
you sang me Spanish lullabies
the sweetest sadness in your eyes clever trick

Well I'd never want to see you unhappy
I thought you'd want the same for me
Goodbye my almost lover, Goodbye my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you, Can't you just let me be?
So long my luckless romance, My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache, Almost lovers always do
We walked along a crowded street, You took my hand and danced with me in the shade

And when you left you kissed my lips
you told me you would never ever forget these images no

(Repeat Refrain and Chorus)

Bridge:
I cannot go to the ocean, I cannot try the students at night
I cannot wake up in the morning, without you on my mind
So you're gone and I'm haunted, and I bet you are just fine
Did I make it that easy to walk right in and out my life




0 comments:

Post a Comment