Missing you

Posted Wednesday, February 23, 2011 by catherine
I miss my uncle.

Last August 16, 2010, one of the most important person in my life died. He fared unwell, I know that. He went to Siaton, fine and happy, and went home cold and dead. 

"Your uncle Jessie is here!", my mama said.

"Oh." I saw my uncle again for almost a lifetime of not seeing him. He was in Malaysia for so long a time that he developed a weak body because of continuous working under unpleasant conditions.I hugged him so hard. Like it was the last time I am ever gonna hug him. 

We were all happy that he is home and that he is well. Our family was happy to see a family so dear to us. He stayed with us and decided to go and visit my other uncle. They talked and talked that Sunday. My uncle Fredo and my mama had a feud about serious things that is why we are not there always unlike before. 

The day after they talked, when we were all focused with the grim news on the television, my cousin sent me a message. "Die, patay na biya si yo Fredo." with her signature text below it...God Bless. 

I was astounded that very moment. My hand was trembling and my mind was confused. It was so hard to believe the news I have read on my phone. Somehow, I wished it wasn't true. I wished my cousin meant the other Fredo which was also our relative. 

I almost forgot to share the news to them that I almost jumped from my seat and said. "Hala pa! Ana si Ging2x na patay na daw si yo Fredo!". My papa looked at me and they were all shocked---like me. We all said that maybe he wasn't the Fredo we were afraid to hear of. 

My papa decided to go to their house and I said I will text my cousin cause maybe they are in the hospital. We waited there for my cousin's reply and said that my uncle's corpse is in Holy Child Hospital's morgue. We drove there for almost 30 minutes and we were all boggled. 

When my cousin saw me, she grabbed my arm and dragged me to the morgue. I noticed her eyes were swollen with constant crying. I looked at my uncle's dead body and cried hard. I can't believe that it was him. My happy-go-lucky uncle is now gone. My papa walked behind me and cried too. 

(Actually while blogging this, my tears are streaming.)

The week was full of grim. Still, we are smothered with disbelief. I really pitied my sister because it was her birthday on the 20th and she said that there was nothing to celebrate about. 

Until now, I am still missing my uncle. I am sill sad. I don't want to forget my uncle because he's one of my closest relative. He loves his nieces and nephews equally and that is what I'll miss about him. I'll miss him forever though.





0 comments:

Post a Comment